Search This Blog

Sunday 17 March 2013

The Little Cabinet That Could.....

It took me a while to finish this little cabinet - not the painting
part but the handles.  I had mismatched handles so had to
spray paint them to match (ORB).
 
Before:
 
This is a first for me - "real" chalk paint - I used BC produced
Vangogh Chalk Paint in "Patina".  Good news - I really love the
colour and liked the paint - but even better news to me - my homemade
chalk paint is still my favourite.  I just didn't see a big enough
bang for my buck (40+ of them).  I waxed the cabinet with
beeswax (in a dark format) and love the finished feel!
 
 
This little cabinet was a curb find - can you believe
someone would pitch this cutie out?
 



 
 
Please don't mind the lousy staging - in a hurry to finally get
this post done!
 
 
This cute little sparkly Easter bunny and chick were in a 99
cent bag at Sally Ann (I guess that a dollar now with no pennies!)
 
 
This little ceramic rabbit was also a dollar find at the Sally Ann
along with the little nest and eggs.
 
Lots more posts to follow this week....and did I mention that
while I was on a blogging break I did a little of this?
 



 

10 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love your cute little cabinet, you did a wonderful job..no I cannot believe it was found on the curb,,who knew...Love the cute little Easter sweeties...

Rob Hunt said...

Nice cabinet good job on giving it a new life! Welcome back! Starting to look like Easter.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

The chest turned out beautifully, Peggy! I love the color. I don't understand the why and how of the things people toss to the curb. Our town does a free pick up once a month of anything you want to get rid of, and it's always amazing to see what people toss. We've done some "curb-diving," too -- it feels kind of sneaky, but is so much fun!

Tobeystrashortreasure said...

Love the cabinet and the handles, you did a great job Peggy. I am seriously going to start making more of my own chalkpaint, getting too expensive to buy it all the time. love the lil bunnies too. hugs Tobey

ANNE said...

love it! and those knobs are gorgeous!

Janae said...

The table is really cute good find especially for free! My mom makes her own chalk paint too and has said the same thing about hers being just as good as the real stuff!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

It turned out so sweet -- love the color!

safdar said...

current news in urdu pakistan
pakistan urdu news latest
latest urdu news pakistan
pk urdu news
daily news pakistan in urdu
pakistani urdu news
urdu news from pakistan
breaking news pakistan urdu
latest news pakistan in urdu
latest pakistani news in urdu
latest pakistan news urdu

breaking news urdu pakistan
www.urdu news
pakistan news paper urdu
karachi urdu news
pakistan news urdu today
urdu news pk
urdu news
daily urdu news
urdu news pakistan

today news urdu pakistan
pakistan urdu news
urdunews
latest news pakistan urdu
pak urdu news today
pakistan latest news urdu
www pakistan news com urdu
pak news in urdu
urdu news karachi
latest news urdu pakistan
Urdu fresh news
دانیال کار
madiha shah
meesha shafi
saba hameed
mahnoor baloch
humayun
samina peerzada
sanam saeed
bushra ansari
mahnoor baloch
mahnoor baloch weight
mahnoor name pics
mahnoor baloch and husband

mahnoor husband

jhfbutt said...

It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here personal injury attorney greensburg

jhfbutt said...

I have got much clear idea regarding from this article. I am pleased that I observed this site
Gisinsulation