Search This Blog

Thursday 10 November 2011

Remembrance Day

I have been so lazy with my posting
(or lack of) lately!  Busy with work and
unpacking our stuff and purging the merging
of two households full of stuff (it's a long story!)



I wanted to take the time tho to do a little short
post on Remembrance Day.  It's an important day
to me, a chance for me to pay tribute to not only
those who are currently serving our country but to
all those who came before - including my Dad,
my Grandfather and Uncle. 



So for all those who gave so freely that we
may remain free.....I will remember.  11/11/11

Mr. Biff & I will be attending the Remembrance
Day ceremonies at our city's Cenotaph tomorrow
rain or shine.



Although no sculptured marble should
rise to their memory, nor engraved stone
bear record of their deeds, yet will their
remembrance be as lasting as the land
they honoured.  ~Daniel Webster





No comments: