Search This Blog

Sunday, 8 July 2012

A Hairy Fail or a Fairy Tale?

It might be said that "a hair on the head is worth
two in the brush".....and I would agree.  I am glad to
have my hair and very aware that there are those who
long for hair (long or short!).

My stupidist "hair" moment by far was when I said to
my sister who was then going through chemo treatments
"I just can't do a darn thing with my hair - I hate it".  To which
she good-humouredly took off her baseball cap, rubbed her
scalp and said "yeah, I know just what you mean".  Good
thing she loved me the way she did - we laughed and laughed.

She passed away 14 years ago - and since that time I have always
really tried to be more self-aware - to reflect on what I am saying
and what I am complaining about and who it might impact. So this
is NOT a complaint (haha) just an observation about how things
don't always go the way we think they should.

I coloured my hair this morning and let me tell you - my hair
ALWAYS come out the same colour (medium brown).
Here's what I used:
I was relatively sure that things would go the way they always
go and I would get what I had always got...
 there have never been any surprises no matter what shade I pick -
......until......

My medium brown hair now looks like this:


I don't hate it - in fact I LOVE red hair -but suffice it to say 
it was not what I was going for!  I am sure, in a day
or two, it will grow on me (pun intended!).

Have you ever had a hair fail - a happy one or a gigantic
fail?  Tell us about it!

Happy Sunday!
p.s. clearly Miss Clairol didn't sponsor this post - if they
had - they probably would have been puzzled with my
outcome too!  I'd be happy to try other colours tho if they wanted
to send me some to try!



1 comment:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love your pups!!! I color my hair and it always turn out much darker than the color on the box! Hubby keeps telling me to go natural...not yet!Thanks for the visit.
deb

There was an error in this gadget