These bar stools were so solid that when Mr. Biff brought them home
I didn't even wince (not even a little) at the horrible mildew on the
seats. I was sure we could do something with them.
I first tried sanding - um, no....nothing. I then tried a bleach based
powder cleanser and a scrub brush....um, still no.
I tried some peroxide.....yeah, ah, nothing.....so I did what every good
DIY'er would do - I pulled out the Zinser primer and primed the living
heck out of them.
I wasn't satisfied with the thought of painted seats and I surely didn't
want to paint both chairs (I am not fond of painting chairs) so I
pulled out my staple gun, some burlap, some foam and some batting
and covered the seats. The seats unscrewed easily and once covered
screwed right back on.
After a good wipe down, a little clear wax and a touch up here and
there with my trust brown and black Krink paint pens - voila!
These chairs were a test of our theory that we could purchase
something and quickly turn it around without a huge
investment in time and materials.....
I'll let you know once they sell if it was
a success or not!
Mr. Biff says "Belly Up" to the bar in style!