Search This Blog

Friday, 27 July 2012

Bright Shiny Things!

I had a great day today.  Just hanging out with Mr. Biff.  We ran a bunch
of errands and then, on the way home, stopped at our favourite recycle
depot/thrift store - "Skip City".  Today, for a measly 5 bucks - I hit a veritable
jackpot of mercury glass!  Check these out:
The blue reflection in the mercury glass is "me" in my
new blue sundress! Please ignore the doorknob - not exactly
a well-staged photo!
The apothecary jar is over 12" tall - it's gorgeous! 
Bonus - in the bottom of the apothecary jar!

There was a young girl looking at these two pieces but I mentally
willed her to put them down - which she did because as she said to her
mom "there's yucky stuff inside"!   So I admit, I did pick them up gingerly
only to discover that the "yucky stuff" was melted candle wax!

I also got this funky shirt I am going to use as a seat cover on a chair and a
huge chunk of this fabric, along with the vintage frame.....yes, all for FIVE
dollars.....can I get a "hell yeah!"




Mr. Biff brought home this lovely little chair the other day too.  I have the
perfect little desk/table to go with it.  They'll make a great set for a little
girl's or boy's room - depending on the colour I choose!

I've got a few other cool things to show you but I don't want to get you
over-excited so we will pace ourselves.......stay tuned!

5 comments:

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

What great finds! I totally would have grabbed that mercury glass too. I went thrifting today too but found nothing.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the mercury glass. Thrift stores rock!

Revi said...

Ditto. Fellow magpie and new follower!
-Revi

Tuula @ The Thrifty Rebel said...

Love, love, love the mercury glass! What a score! I'm here from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop. I'm your newest follower and hope you can follow me back. Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

What luck in finding the mercury glass. I've never seen any in the thrift stores and have been toying with the idea of making my own.

There was an error in this gadget