Search This Blog

Thursday 25 August 2011

Ho, Ho, Hold On a Minute.....

Gosh I know it's only August but did you know
that Christmas is right around the corner?
It's 121 days and counting - it says so
right here.

If you are like me - my best crafty sales are
always made at Christmas and this Christmas
I intend to go big or go home (I won't really go
home, I mean I will never really
leave home, eh, hem....)

I am going to try to set up a Christmas
extravaganza the likes of which my little
city has never seen (that sounds
impressive doesn't it? Yikes!)


Seriously I want to try to round up another
6 or 8 different crafter, diy'ers and set up
a Christmas Fair.  I am thinking about a
banquet room or maybe an empty retail
space (any advice?) and just running it for
6 weekends in a row (the 12 Crafty Shopping
Days of Christmas!)  starting mid Oct thru
November.  What do you think?  This is the
part where I ask you for advice....and
really mean it.....please?

There are a few craft fairs around
town but they are kind of the same
old-same old and don't allow new
vendors...and that would be me,
a new vendor.  So being a
true-blue DIY'er - I am thinking
just do it myself!


Today Mr. Biff and I found this kind of
ugly lovely fireplace mantel, hearth and all.
It needs work but can't you see it as a
center piece in a hotel lobby or a restaurant?

(please excuse the sideways pics it is in the back
of my pickup truck)

It was a steal at $20
It's ready some lovely candles (metal
lined fire box)


Right now the fake bricks look hideous,
the oak isn't working for me and it has some
bumps and dings but it does come with it's
own hearth.  I am going to paint it
and the bricks.....


Wish me luck...I am on a quest to
launch and although I would love
to meet dreamy Mathew McConnaughy -
I don't want to be starring
in the next "Failure to Launch" movie....


Happy Holidays (oh silly me, I am
the one on holidays! for 3 more days *sigh*)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a find for $20. Can't wait to see how you re vamp it.