Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2011

No Soup For You....

Does anyone else remember the Soup Nazi
from Jerry Seinfeld?  Today, Mr. Biff brought
me home the best Muligatawny Soup I've
EVER had.....I can just hear Kramer begging
Elaine to go and get in line to get some.....
Honestly - I am not getting any payoff for this...but
if you live on Vancouver Island - you simply
must try the new restaurant at the Nanaimo
Howard Johnson - it's run by
"The Good Cooking Guys"
and man, they are!
ok, maybe I got soup......

On the subject of eating soup - I puttered today
perplexed still by the sad state of my entertainment
armoir.....I took these sad photos today and
you can see it hasn't improved since I wrote
about it here.
This is the before - sanded down... and below is
with the first coat of paint...."yikes" is right!
Didn't stick AT ALL.....you can tell what I will
be doing...resanding and priming....such FUN!


Oh yeah, I was going to talk about
eating soup wasn't I?  I have vacation brain,
don't laugh - it's a serious malady - I am
deliciously devoid of coherent thought and/or
through processes....where was I?
I was puttering.....enjoying the great weather
sitting on my deck swing and painting the
letters...E   A   T. 
I found this cool frame and thought the letters
would fit perfectly.  I am still in the process of
taking the red out of my house (I still LOVE
red) but it was time for a change.  So this
little sign is step one to re-doing my kitchen
eating nook.
I also spray painted this plastic mirror - it
turned out rather well I think....the little lantern
is one of my fab finds from Skiff City and is
pictured in the pile in this post.  It's all
rusty goodness....
I used "Distress" Ink on both the letters
and the mirror....easy-peasy distressed look!

Have I mentioned that my hydrangeas are
kind of weird...they must be
a different variety - they are nice to look at
but you can't dry them like the cool ball kind...
but Marcie likes them.

Did I mention I was a little scattered....

*giggling*  see you tomorrow,


3 comments:

Jenn said...

Great EAT sign and I love the burlap behind it! My hydrangeas look similar to yours too. I thought there was something wrong with the way I was pruning them as our next door neighbours hydrangea's look beautiful. One of my FAVORITE flowers!
I'll have to try that soup next time I am over in Nanaimo. Too bad the ferry prices were so expensive or I would be over that way more often!
Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark! Hoping to see you again next week!
Jenn :)

Jennifer @ Just Peachy in Dixie said...

Hi,
I'm your newest follower! Thank you so much for linking up with us at the "Thrifty Peach Blog Hop!" I just love the sign you made. I can't wait to read more.

Hope to see you again next Tuesday! ;)

Have a great week!

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

So it is official I am grinning from EAR TO EAR! I love everything about this post! Andddd you made my night by being my FIRST EVER link party posting FRIEND! THANK YOU!!!! :o) I just can't even tell you how happy it makes me that you linked up. If no one else linked up that would be okay (it is kind of a fear I had---that no one would want to link up) because I LOVE your project (S) and I love your advice and I am inspired! I have to say I am also STILL in love with red but getting rid of it..... andddd now wanting to add a splash back in here or there.... funny how that works right?!? I LOVE your EAT sign it turned out wonderful---would look great in my kitchen that is for sure AND I feel your pain on the YUCK of having to sand and prime.... I have completely converted to chalk paint mainly because I am lazy and you can skip those steps..... Soooo anyways sorry for being long winded..... but I want you to know I am still smiling----thank you!
Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy