Search This Blog

Sunday 31 July 2011

Long, Lazy Weekend

I am off on a four day weekend with Monday
being BC Day (a Canadian Civic Holiday).

The Stellar Jay is the Provincial Bird of BC

I must admit I have been a lazy girl...reading
and puttering but not getting much of anything
done!  (Don't 'ya love it?)  Here's what
I am reading:

It's riveting!

In the meantime....
I did find this little mirror to fit over my dresser: 


I am still not great at remembering to take the "before"
picture but here it is with a base coat of white (it was
just plain pine from Ikea).


I liked the fact it has the little pegs across the bottom
to hang my bracelets and necklaces on.


Here it is with a coat of pink:


Next I put some little stencils on using Stayzon Ink.....



I sanded the mirror and the stencils and added some
"Distressed" Walnut ink with a makeup sponge:

Once it was all dry I added a light coat of Verathane to seal
it.  And voila - the perfect little mirror for my coved
ceilings (so low you have to duck unless you are dead
center in the room!)


So that's what I've been doing - how about you?
I have quite a few projects lined up and am going to fly 'atter
tomorrow....but that's tomorrow....

Until then, blessing you and yours - I'm
back to my book......

5 comments:

Deborah March said...

OmiGOSH, LOVE this...artsy and utilitarian too!!!

Tanya Anurag said...

That's a cute idea, Peggy. Looking forward to more such crafty stuff.

-Tanya
http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

Tanya Anurag said...

Hey, I am hosting my first Link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays. Would be glad to see you there :)

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

Jenn said...

Hope you had a nice BC Day! Your frame looks lovely. I always forget to take the BEFORE pictures too - we must betoo excited about getting to the project! Thanks so much for linking up to The Creative Spark {and posting a link back!} Hope to see you again this week!
Jenn :)

Maria Matter said...

beautiful project!!!