Search This Blog

Sunday 3 July 2011

When is it just junk?

I always have a hard time sorting out when something is just junk - meaning it has no possible purpose on the planet any longer.  I always think that things should be repurposed and kept out of the landfill.  Alas, I am also a realist and know that sometimes if it looks like crap, wobbles like crap and smells like, er, well, crap - it probably is - you guessed it crap!  But stay with me on this train of thought and take a look at this piece of something (you might have thought was junk) - I couldn't get past the fact that it was solid wood and knew, in my heart of hearts it would have some use someday some way...


Mr. Biff thought it looked like a piece of a rather large old pepper mill (what do you think?)  It has a hole drilled straight through the middle.  It was free.  What's so cool is that following the law of cosmic intent - it turns out that it fit something I had - not just sort of - but perfectly.  I had purchased for a whole $1 this ugly lamp with a great base - the top part was plastic and cracked in several places but I knew it had potential.  Check this out:


Now I am not thinking that I am special just for saving a little piece of turned wood - however I am thinking that the wood is really all that for saving my lamp!  Cosmic intent I am telling you......hee,hee! 



All that's left to do is to give it a unifying coat of paint and a stellar new lampshade and voila - it's my one dollar wonder!

Hope you had a great weekend and stay with me this week as I continue to plug away on turning some of the remarkable finds Mr. Biff and I have stumbled on into something to write home about!

Hugs & blessings,
Peg

No comments: